Terms and conditions for bookings at The Old Shoe Shop
Please ensure you read and fully understand these booking terms and conditions. If anything is unclear, please contact us so we can explain in further detail to avoid any misunderstandings.
Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions.
- A contract between you and the owner will come into existence when payment is received and a booking confirmation is issued showing the confirmed holiday dates. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
- A non-refundable deposit equal to the first night of the holiday cost is payable at the time of booking. Bookings made less than fourteen days before your arrival date must be paid in full.
- The balance must be paid no later than fourteen days before the commencement of your holiday. Notice will be given, and the balance shall be taken from the card used to make the deposit, unless the guest wishes to pay using another card. If the balance is not received by the due date, then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and the client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
- All cancellations must be notified in writing.
- If the booking is cancelled less than 28 days before arrival, then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.
- If the booking is cancelled 28 days or more before arrival then a charge equal to the first night of the stay will be made.
- In the event of a non show or booking reduction (after arrival date) the full cost of the booking is charged.
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover cancellations. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- No parties or events – the maximum number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 2 person and only those listed on the booking form can occupy the property. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Guests hay have an additional visitors during their stay, but not to stay overnight.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
- The owner reserves the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We or our representatives reserve the right to enter the property at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Tenancies normally commence at 4pm unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the rental by 10am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests.
- Well behaved pets are permitted to stay in The Old Shoe Shop. Any damage or extra cleaning caused by pets will be charged.
- Vaping or smoking anywhere inside the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by vaping or smoking will be charged.
- Damages and breakages – please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. If you notice something is missing or damaged in your accommodation, please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there has been any damage or breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could report them promptly, especially before check-out. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage.
- Please do not move any furniture from one room to another.
- Please remove any muddy boots or dirty shoes before entering The Old Shoe Shop.
- Please lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the property unoccupied.
- Please make sure you switch off lights, heating, or any electrical appliances when you go out.
- Please don’t take any bath towels with you to the beach.
- The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that if any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building.
- No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of electricity, water, internet connection or television service.
- The owners are not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
- All inventory must remain in the property and not be taken to another property.
- Please respect the community and try to keep noise levels to a minimum, especially between 11 pm and 8 am.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- Candles are not allowed inside The Old Shoe Shop.
- Check-out is 10am.
- Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us/the property manager at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
- This property is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
If your reservation is impacted by the Scottish or UK Government imposing legal restrictions on travel (lockdown) we will refund the cost of your reservation. If you require to cancel because a member of your party has to isolate due to either contracting or being a contact of a person with Coronavirus a refund will not be offered.
Do not travel if you have symptoms of Coronavirus. Should a member of your party test positive for Coronavirus during your stay and you require to prolong your stay at The Old Shoe Shop you are responsibly for any ongoing accommodation and cleaning costs.
We would suggest you take out comprehensive travel insurance.